Friday, September 9, 2011

I Am Prepared To Engage In Open Debate

On Thursday 25th August, I was interviewed live on the Edge Media (Sky Channel 200) programme On The Edge, with regard to many aspects of the Hollie Greig case. Of course, I strongly criticised individuals and organisations I believe responsible for their conduct and obstructing the course of justice.

A statement was subsequently published by Edge Media that I was willing to engage in open, live debate with any of those named who considered my remarks to be unfair or inaccurate. The TV station has made it known that it is prepared to offer its faciities to enable such a debate to take place.

To date, not one person or organisation so named has been prepared to accept the challenge.

The overall invitation still holds, but I would particularly wish to invite Kenny MacAskill, the Scottish Justice Secretary to come forward. When I last challenged him publicly at a pre-election meeting in Edinburgh in April, he refused to comment on the grounds that I was facing criminal charges. This was, of course, a bluff, as such as discussion is completely outwith the terms of the charges against me as it focuses on the conduct of the Scottish government and other public bodies, not on mine.

As it is my policy to take people on face-to-face if I choose to criticise them, I have always invited opponents to come forward for debate throughout the Hollie Greig campaign, but so far, none holding public office have accepted.

 I firmly believe that it is in the public interest for all aspects of the Hollie Greig case to be openly debated rather than swept under the carpet.

1 comment: