Wednesday, March 16, 2011

More On Mark Daly And The BBC: How Are They Connected To Grampian Police

 In my blog on March 11th, I reported that the BBC's Mark Daly had obtained a copy of Roy Greig's autopsy report from Grampian Police. Roy, who was Hollie's uncle, was found dead in a burning car in November 1997. I am not familiar with the law in this area, but I am deeply concerned that it appears that an unconnected person should be allowed access to this report when it took Anne Greig, Roy's next of kin, 12 years to be given a copy.

 It has been brought to my attention that a former BBC colleague of Daly's, with whom he has recently exchanged messages on Twitter, is a close relative of someone who held a very senior position in Grampian Police at the time of Roy's death.

 I intend to ask this person whether they were involved in either the acquisition of the autopsy report or the decision to halt production of the BBC documentary on the Hollie Greig case.

4 comments:

  1. The plot thickens. Keep up the good work and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a pleasure to meet you on 7th march birkenhead Rob hope you can be london 26th march.

    ReplyDelete